Thursday, December 7, 2006

Joining in on the self-humiliation


I was a strapping young man of 5'4" and 118 lbs in 1993 as a senior in High School. I drove a Cobra 29ltd CB-radio equipped 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger. My CB handle - "Swinger." I thought it was all about the car, little did I know of all the snickers going on when I referred to my naive "green" dweebed-out self as "the Swinger."

So, in light of the week of self-humiliation on other blogs including Mark Wegley's and Jeff Noble (and what's up with the itsy-bitsy picture Jeff had on his blog - was he just hoping it would be too small for anyone to notice?), I have now joined in the fun. Let the laughter begin!

4 comments:

Mark W. said...

Dude! Dig those cool Aviator style frames on your glasses (you were SO Top-Gunning it!) and the "thin" tie...I had a few of those myself.

Nice ride, though...way to to, Swinger! LOL!

(You're right about Jeff teensy-teensy pic. He's half courageous. Congrats for joining the Hall of Courage for your bravery in being transparent in your online personality!)

Mark W. said...

NOTE: Above...it should say "way to go, Swinger" - I'm so not awake yet...laughing at your pic is keeping me from snoozing here.

Jim said...

Let's just say that I'm going to be 'REAL' reserve here...

Nodrog said...

Hey TJ,

Nodrog here, from across the pond in bonnie Scotland. Thanks for your post, and sorry it took me a while to respond - I've just finished my exams & essays which were occupying most of my attention.

I like that, Christ-follower. I met a guy from India, Hansraj Jain who also talks of being a follower of Christ as this enables him to enter discussions with others of his (former) religion, Jainism, whereas they would just dismiss him if he said he was a Christian. Is this an appropriate place to say "Go figure"?

I know what you mean about labels, but as I'm doing a BA Theology and applying for recognition as a candidate for ministry, I couldn't ignore yet another form of assessment... :)

In case you're wondering, I think I saw your blog name come up on the front page of Blogger and thought, 'that sounds interesting' and so far I've not been wrong... sorry I didn't post earlier but hey, at least I linked you! Looking forward to further posts!

Welcome!

HELLO EVERYBODY... I've now moved my blog to Wordpress.com . You'll need to change your bookmarks to point to http://tjscott.wordpress.com (for now!). I like the Wordpress format and way of doing things. It gives me more versatility. SEE YOU THERE!